The latest release of NVIDIA Omniverse Enterprise, available now, brings increased performance, generational leaps in real-time RTX ray and path tracing, and streamlined workflows to help teams build connected 3D pipelines, and develop and operate large-scale, physically accurate, virtual 3D worlds like never before.
Artists, designers, engineers and developers can benefit from various enhancements across common Omniverse use cases, including breaking down 3D data silos through aggregation, building custom 3D pipeline tools and generating synthetic 3D data.
The release includes support for the breakthrough innovations within the new NVIDIA Ada Lovelace architecture, including third-generation RTX technology and DLSS 3, delivering up to 3x performance gains when powered by the latest GPU technology, such as NVIDIA RTX 6000 Ada Generation, NVIDIA L40 and OVX systems.
The update also delivers features and capabilities such as new Omniverse Connectors, layer-based live workflows, improved user experience and customization options, including multi-view ports, editable hotkeys, lighting presets and more.
Enhancing 3D Creation
The Omniverse ecosystem is expanding, with more capabilities and tools that allow teams to elevate 3D workflows and reach new levels of real-time, physically accurate simulations. The latest additions include:
- New Connectors: Omniverse Connectors enable more seamless connected workflows between disparate 3D applications. New Adobe Substance 3D Painter, Autodesk Alias, PTC Creo, Kitware’s Paraview Omniverse Connectors are now supported on Omniverse Enterprise. Users can also easily export data created in NX Software from Siemens Digital Industries Software.
- Omniverse DeepSearch: Now generally available, this AI-powered service lets teams intuitively search through extremely large, untagged 3D databases with natural language or using 2D reference images. This unlocks major value in previously unwieldy digital backlots and asset collections that lacked the ability to search.
- Omniverse Farm: A completely renewed user interface provides improved usability and performance, plus Kubernetes support.
- Omniverse Cloud: New cloud containers for Enterprise Nucleus Server, Replicator, Farm and Isaac Sim for AWS provide enterprises more flexibility in connecting and managing distributed teams all over the world. AWS’ security, identity and access-management controls allow teams to maintain complete control over their data. Containers are now available on NVIDIA NGC.
Strengthening Core Components for Building 3D Worlds
Omniverse Enterprise is designed for maximum flexibility and scalability. This means creators, designers, researchers and engineers can quickly connect tools, assets and projects to collaborate in a shared virtual space.
Omniverse Enterprise brings updates to the core components of the platform, including:
- Omniverse Kit SDK, the powerful toolkit for building extensions, apps, microservices or plug-ins, now makes it easier than ever to build advanced tools and Omniverse applications with new templates and developer workflows.
- Omniverse Create, a reference app for composing large-scale, USD-based worlds, now includes NVIDIA DLSS 3 and multi-viewport support, making it easier for Omniverse Enterprise users to fluidly interact with extremely large and complex scenes.
- Omniverse View, a reference app for reviewing 3D scenes, has been streamlined to focus purely on the review and approval experience. New collaborative, real-time, interactive capabilities — including markup, annotation, measure and simple navigation — make stakeholder presentations easier and more interactive than ever.
- Omniverse Nucleus, the database and collaboration engine, now includes improved IT management tools, such as expanded version control to handle atomic checkpoints on the server. Updated Large File Transfer service enables users to move files between servers, on premises or in the cloud to benefit hybrid workflows. And new self-service deployment instructions for Enterprise Nucleus Server on AWS are now available, letting customers deploy and manage Nucleus in the cloud.
Customers Dive Into Omniverse Enterprise
Many customers around the world have experienced enhanced 3D workflows with Omniverse Enterprise.
Dentsu International, one of the largest global marketing and advertising agency networks, always looks for solutions that enable collaborative and seamless work, with a central repository for completed projects.
“There’s great value when multiple artists with different tools, located in different places, are able to work together, and NVIDIA Omniverse Enterprise makes that possible,” said Melody Jeter, vice president of Creative Technology at Dentsu. “The collaboration tackles the robust challenge of laborious file transferring — now, the workflows are all synced live and in real time.”
In addition to enhancing current pipelines with Omniverse Enterprise, Dentsu is looking to incorporate NVIDIA generative AI into its 3D design pipeline with software development kits like Omniverse ACE and Audio2Face.
Mercedes Benz, the German premium vehicle manufacturer, is using Omniverse Enterprise at its sites world wide to design, plan and optimize its manufacturing and assembly facilities. By developing full-fidelity digital twins of their production environments, globally dispersed teams will open up new abilities to collaborate in real time, accelerate decision-making and identify opportunities to reduce waste, decrease energy consumption and continuously enhance quality.
Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) is a renowned architectural design firm that has created some of the world’s most singular building designs. ZHA focuses on creating transformative cultural, corporate and residential spaces through cutting-edge technologies. With Omniverse Enterprise, the team can accelerate and automate its workflows, as well as develop custom tools within the platform.
“We are working with NVIDIA to incorporate Omniverse as the connective infrastructure of our tech stack. Our goal is to retain design intent across the various project stages and improve productivity,” said Shajay Bhooshan, associate director at Zaha Hadid Architects. “We expect NVIDIA Omniverse to play a critical, supportive role to our efforts to create a platform that’s agnostic, version-controlled and a single source of truth for design data, as it evolves from idea to delivery.”
NVIDIA Omniverse Enterprise is available by subscription from BOXX Technologies, Dell Technologies, Z by HP and Lenovo, and channel partners including Arrow, ASK, PNY and Leadtek. The platform is optimized to run on NVIDIA-Certified, RTX-enabled desktop and mobile workstations, as well as servers, with new support for NVIDIA RTX Ada generation systems.
Written by admin
ZDI-23-1494: Apple Safari TypedArray copyWithin Integer Underflow Remote Code Execution VulnerabilitySeptember 30, 2023This vulnerability allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code on affected installations of Apple Safari. User interaction is required to exploit this vulnerability in that the target must visit a malicious page or open a malicious file.
ZDI-23-1493: G Data Total Security GDBackupSvc Service Link Following Local Privilege Escalation VulnerabilitySeptember 30, 2023This vulnerability allows local attackers to escalate privileges on affected installations of G Data Total Security. An attacker must first obtain the ability to execute low-privileged code on the target system in order to exploit this vulnerability.
September 30, 2023This vulnerability allows local attackers to disclose sensitive information on affected installations of the Linux Kernel. An attacker must first obtain the ability to execute high-privileged code on the target system in order to exploit this vulnerability.